The 2014 Refresher Course for Teachers of Japanese is now open for bookings!
This is a free intensive language course for teachers who want to improve their Japanese language teaching skills, as well as their own language ability. It is open to non-native speaking teachers of Japanese, as well as teachers and PGCE students who have the chance to offer Japanese in future.
The theme for the 2014 course is 「学ぼう！教室活動のネタ」- "Tips for class activities." The aim of the course will be to explore various classroom activities and ideas for teaching Japanese, while at the same time brushing up your own Japanese language ability.
This course will be held at two levels: Intermediate and Advanced. Please note: This year, the Intermediate and Advanced classes will be held simultaneously in two rooms; for this reason, spaces will be limited to 24 participants in the Intermediate class, and 10 in the Advanced class. Additionally, all applicants will be required to complete a brief writing task when they apply, so that we can assign you to the appropriate class level.
- Dates: 18 August 2014 - 20 August 2014 (both Intermediate and Advanced will take place on the same day)
- Times: 10:30 - 16:00, with a lunch break between 12:45 - 13:45
- Venue: The Japan Foundation London
- Levels: This course will be held at two levels: Intermediate and Advanced*. Both courses will take place concurrently; you will be assigned to the appropriate level based on your placement test composition. *As the Advanced Group is limited to only 10 participants, some Advanced-level applicants may be assigned to Intermediate.
- Open to: All non-native speaking teachers of Japanese, as well as teachers and PGCE students who have the chance to offer Japanese in future. Priority will be given to teachers based at UK schools.
- Participation Fee: These courses are free, but participants must cover their own travel, accommodation and lunch costs.
Feedback from last year's participants:
“It was my first Refresher Course and I found it amazing to hear Japanese after a long break...Exactly what I was looking for.” – Angela Balaceanu, Pro Ingenio Private School (2013 Intermediate Refresher Course participant)
“Very pleased with the course. The staff were very professional and friendly. The course was quite intensive. I felt that I learnt a great deal in a short time. I hope to attend another course in the future.” – Robert Fox, Aston University (2013 Advanced Refresher Course participant)
(This booking form uses Google Drive and is subject to Google's Terms & Conditions. Alternatively, you may book a place by downloading and submitting the booking form below)